Berlin-Brandenburg Energy Network presents the “Sustainable Companies & Cities” format that showcases business opportunities in Los Angeles and Berlin and outlines how cities need to foster innovation and remove potential barriers to sustainable development.
We bring together entrepreneurs with city officials, policymakers and legal as well as financial experts for a session of presentations, pitches and discussions, followed by networking with snacks and drinks.
2:00 – 2:15 p.m.
Welcome statements by
- Michael Müller, Governing Mayor of Berlin (tbc)
- Stephen Cheung, President, WTCLA
- Fred Walti, Co-Founder, LACI
2:15 – 3:00 p.m.
Presentations on the status quo of sustainability in California and Berlin, including legal specifics and venture financing
- Nancy Sutley, Chief Sustainability Officer, LADWP
- Michael Geissler, CEO, Berlin Energy Agency
- Daniel Weiss, Managing Partner, Angeleno Group
3:00 – 3:15 p.m.
Dietmar Rieg, President, German American Chamber of Commerce: “Transatlantic clean tech and sustainability cooperation”
3:15 – 4:15 p.m.
Sustainable and clean tech company presentations with Q&A, including impromptu feedback by John Dannan, Generate Capital Inc. and David Wortmann, CEO, Berlin-Brandenburg Energy Network
4:15 – 5:00 p.m.
Panel Discussion: “How cities need to facilitate responses to climate change. Best practices from Berlin and LA.”
- Diane Moss, Founding Director, 100% Renewable Institute
- Matt Petersen, CEO, LACI
- David Wortmann, CEO, Berlin-Brandenburg Energy Network
- Philipp Bouteiller, CEO, Berlin TXL – The Urban Tech Republic
5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Get-together with finger food and drinks
- Berlin-Brandenburg Energy Network (Organizer)
- Berlin Chamber of Commerce
- Berliner Energieagentur GmbH
- Berlin TXL – The Urban Tech Republic
- Berlin Partner for Business and Technology
- Cleantech Business Park Berlin-Marzahn
- Cleantech Innovation Center
- Euref AG
- Handelsverband Berlin-Brandenburg e.V.
- ib vogt GmbH
- Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator
- Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation/WTCLA
- Sister Cities of Los Angeles
- WALL GmbH